View all scheduled course dates
Fee: $325 + tax
CEU Value: 0.7 WW
This one-day course is structured to give wastewater professionals an understanding of the purpose of wastewater disinfection, its history, current practices and innovation for the future. The course will review the technologies currently in use and the challenges they present and what new technologies are being developed and advanced as alternative disinfection methods.
The participants shall:
• Understand the importance of disinfection as a critical process of wastewater treatment designed to protect public health from pathogenic organisms.
• Review the history of wastewater treatment and disinfection processes.
• Review the legislations and regulations that stipulate the need for disinfection in wastewater treatment as part of Source Water Protection Plans for Drinking Water.
• Review the current technologies used for disinfection including advantages and disadvantages of each, including the challenges that impact the environment.
• Review emerging technologies and innovations for wastewater disinfection and why or why not they may be viable options to the processes currently in use.