View all scheduled course dates
Fee: $325 + tax
CEU Value: 0.7
This one-day course is structured to focus on the maintenance of sewers in a sewer collection system. It will provide an overview of techniques used to effectively identify and address problems in a wastewater collection system, especially related to sewer pipes and force mains. It will review maintenance strategies to better identify issues and the methodologies to effectively deal with them.
• Identify the components of a wastewater collection system.
• Understand the design considerations of sewers and its related components.
• Identify the different types of common problems found in sewers and force mains.
• Understand the maintenance strategies that provide better efficiency and cost control for the maintenance of the wastewater collection system.
• Understand the use of various inspection techniques to identify problems in the sewer system, including smoke and dye testing, CCTV scans and multi-sensor inspections.
• Identify which sewer cleaning methods best suit the specific sewer problem you need to resolve.
• Understand the limitations of maintenance and when the strategy should consider sewer rehabilitation or replacement.
• Understand the role of management, management strategies, and the importance of asset management legislation.