View all scheduled course dates
Fee: $325 + tax
CEU Value: 0.7
This one-day course is structured to give wastewater professionals an understanding of the processes, technology and decision-making for the management of sludge and solids in a wastewater treatment plant. It will also explain the significance of recovering resources from wastewater solids. The course will also discuss the uses of biosolids, focusing on resource recovery and the social, economic and environmental effectiveness for agriculture and the benefits for Earth’s ecosystems.
The participants shall:
• Review the types of solids found in wastewater and in what processes they are managed.
• Understand the importance of recovering nutrients, especially nitrogen and phosphorus, from wastewater and the development of research and technologies to better accomplish this.
• Review the need for nutrients from biosolids for sustainable farming practices.
• Review possible methods for agricultural land application of biosolids and alternative uses of biosolids.
• Review the Nutrient Management Act of Ontario.
• Understand how wastewater treatment facilities can become water recovery facilities as well as deal with other waste products impacting our environment.
• Understand the value of recovering energy from wastewater and evolving technology to improve it.