View all scheduled course dates
Fee: 325 + tax
CEU Value: 0.7
This one-day course is structured to introduce the wastewater operation personnel to the benefits of a Model Sewer Use By-Law to control industrial and non-industrial toxic discharges to sewer systems. The Ministry of the Environment developed the Municipal Industrial Strategy for Abatement (MISA), established to protect the safety and quality of Ontario’s water resources, and this model sewer use by-law was developed as a strategy for this objective.
The participants shall:
• Describe how the Ontario Government developed the strategy to improve the protection of Ontario’s water resources.
• List the main objectives of a sewer use bylaw.
• Describe the impacts of Industrial waste on wastewater collection and treatment facilities, as well as the natural environment and public health risks.
• Describe the components of a sewer use bylaw and how its enforcement protects wastewater infrastructure and the environment.
• Describe the roles and responsibilities of participants in the sewer use bylaw program.