View all scheduled course dates
Fee: $650 + tax
CEU Value: 1.4
This two-day course is structured to describe the roles and responsibilities of the professionals involved in wastewater collection and treatment. Within the framework of the acts and regulations designed for the protection of our water resources and public health, this course will focus on the roles and responsibilities of operators in this system.
NOTE: This course is suitable for both Wastewater Treatment and Wastewater Collection Operators
• Understand the purpose of an Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA), as well as the acts and regulations designed for protecting our water resources.
• Understand how the components of an ECA define the rules by which wastewater facilities are managed and operated.
• Understand the role of the Operator Certification Program, Operator training, the Sewer Use Bylaws, Operation & Maintenance Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in determining operator duties.
• Understand the importance of good documentation and record-keeping, sampling and laboratory testing, communicating/reporting, inspections, data analysis and operational actions for operating wastewater facilities.
• Understand the concept of due diligence and how it influences day to day roles & responsibilities.