Administration, Management and Safety
AMS123 - Log Book and Record Keeping in WastewaterLength: 1 Day
Fee: $325 + tax
CEU Value: 0.7
This one-day course is structured to give wastewater collection and treatment facility operators an understanding of the importance of effective record keeping. The acts and regulations are referenced [Ontario Water Resources Act, O Reg. 129/04, and the Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA)] to provide guidance to operators as to what documentation is required for compliance as well as written verification of the events and actions performed in the facility. An emphasis will be placed on creating neat and factual logs (and other records) to ensure good record keeping for the facility.
The participants shall:
• Review the Mandatory Regulation 129/04 Sections 11,14,15,17,18,19,20
• Understand the importance of factual logs and other records that are neat, chronological, and consistent.
• Understand how to ensure you are unambiguously identified as the maker of the entry
• Understand the concept of due diligence and how it influences record keeping roles & responsibilities.
• Understand why you should record unusual and abnormal events
• Review the consequence of non-compliance within 129/04 and the Ontario Water Resources Act